After a long hiatus, the Northwoods Ramble is back. This episode opens with an update on Life Above 8 that includes a discussion of the 40th running of the Chequamegon MTB Festival , including the new route for the long course the joins the end of the Short and Fat. The intro also includes some photos of current flora/fauna, and a couple of photos from Seeley professional nature photographer Paul Ostrum.
After the Update on Life Above 8, I interview a couple from Florida who wanted to meet me after bikepacking the Wisconsin Waterfall Loop I developed. Michelle and Dwayne Allgire also have their own Youtube Channel called Pedal Power Adventures, which has nice videos of their many bikepacking adventures. As soon as they finish the video from the Waterfall Loop, I will share it here.
The show is best viewed as a video on Spotify or YouTube to see the routes and gear we review, but you can stream just the audio if that is more convenient.
Below is a list of the Bikepacking Gear Lending Library Equipment I have available to loan as of this podcast. Email me at email@example.com if you are interested in borrowing any of it.
- 5 Salsa EXP Anything Cradle
- 5 Salsa EXP Dry Bag for Anything Cradle
- 5 Relevate Designs Terrapin 14L Seatpack
- 5 Big Agness Copper Spur HV UL2 Bikepacking Shelter
- 5 Exped Synmat Ultra 1R Mummy air mattress
- 5 Enlightened Equipment Apex 50° Quilt
- 5 Trekology pillows
- 5 BRS 3000T Stoves
- 1 (so far) Alpacka Raft Caribou RTS
- 1 (so far) Aqua Bound Whiskey 4 Piece Paddle