Mother Nature gave a break to the 230 racers who signed up for the Seeley Lions Pre Fat mountain bike race today. The temperatures were in the 70s, the sky was partly cloudy, and there was a light wind to keep the bugs away when people were not pedaling. We even had a little rain during the night, just enough to keep the dust down on the formerly dry trails and gravel roads.
I volunteered to take photos, so no racing for me this year. The course is perfect for a single person to photograph. My photo itinerary was as follows:
- I parked on OO so I could get photos of the moto lead out.
- Then I jumped back in the truck and cruised down Clear Lake Rd to get photos on the first gravel climb, then out to Lake Helene for pics of the racers going by the lake.
- Then over to Janet Road where I ducked into the woods to get photos on the CAMBA Seeley Pass trail.
- Then I parked on OO by Trailhead to get photos of riders coming over the Birkie Bridge.
- Finally I did some finish party photos.
It all worked out pretty well. I have created a gallery of images on my Photoshelter site and embedded that gallery below. You can click on the box of dots below the slides to view thumbnails instead of the slideshow. You can also click on the image in the slideshow below to move through the slides faster. If you want to download any of the photos for free or order prints, you can do that on my Photoshelter site using the button above the slideshow.
The Seeley Lions Pre Fat is a major fundraiser for the Seeley Lions Club, which does pretty much everything good for the Seeley area. Swimming at Silverthorne Park has become an afternoon ritual for Liz, Cowboy and I. It is a tiny precious gem of a beach. The Lions take care of the park, built the shelter, and even added the pickle ball courts this year.
Thanks for all you do Seeley Lions!